|Conference Chair: Mary Coughlan|
|08.00||Registration & Light Breakfast in Exhibition Hall|
Martin Eves, Chairman, Cré
|09:05||The Status of Brown Bin Collections and Processing
This presentation will give an update on brown bin collections and ideas on how to improve them.
Percy Foster, Chief Executive, Cré
|09:15||Ireland’s Waste Policy – Looking Back and Forward to the EU Circular Economy
In 2008, almost 10 years ago Eumonia was hired by the Department of Environment to conduct an international
review of waste policy, which fed into the formation of the present waste policy. This presentation will do a
comparison of waste policy now compared to 10 years ago and outline the progress made and opportunities under
the new EU Circular Economy that should influence the review of waste policy being conducted by the Government
Dr. Dominic Hogg, Chairman, Eunomia, UK
|09:40||Discussion Panel – Waste Policies
• Dearn McClintock, Connaught Ulster WERLA
• Kevin O’Donoghue, Principal Officer (Waste Policy), Department of Communications, Climate Action and
• Dr. Dominic Hogg, Chairman and Founder of Eunomia, UK
• Geoffrey Gray, Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
• Caoimhín Nolan, Environmental Protection Agency
• Martin Eves, Chairman, Cré
Micheál Martin, Fianna Fail
Leader of the Opposition in Ireland and Leader of Fianna Fáil
|10:45||Coffee Break in Exhibition Hall|
|11:30||Recent Anaerobic Digestion Developments
This presentation will give an overview of recent developments in the AD sector. In recent times there has been a
project developing a biomethane trading certification scheme, a project to use biomethane injected into the gas
grid, process to develop acceptance criteria for gas standard into the gas grid.
David McDonnell, Chairman of Cré Anaerobic Digestion Committee
|11:40||Panel Discussion on Anaerobic Digestion Policies
• David McDonnell, Chairman of Cré Anaerobic Digestion Committee
• Kevin Brady, Principal Officer (Heat & Transport Energy Policy), Department of Communications, Climate Action
• Enda Buckley, Sustainability Manager, Carberry Group
|12:10||Sewage Sludge Treatment in the Netherlands – A Feasible Model for Ireland?
In the Netherlands sewage sludge in treated in composting plants as a form of pretreatment prior to incineration.
Could this be a way forward for sewage sludge management in Ireland, this presentation will explore this.
Paul Roeleveld, Royal Haskoning DHV, Netherlands
|12:30||National Policy Statement for the Bioeconomy
This presentation will explain the new policy statement.
George Burke, Principal Officer, Department of An Taoiseach
|12:45||The New National Bioeconomy Campus
Anthony Fitzgerald, Irish Bioeconomy Foundation/ Tipperary County Council
|13:00||Lunch in Exhibition Hall|
Don’t miss out – register now!Purchase Tickets